COURSE TITLE: NPORS Accreditation & RSS Training Certificate RSC 27 TELESCOPIC HANDLER (Experienced )
LOCATION: RSS Training Centre or Customer’s Premises
DURATION: 3 days for Novice
PRE- REQUISITES: Employee’s who use the Telehandler on a Day to Day basis as part of their Duties
AIMS: The course aims to provide delegates with sufficient Practical and Theory Knowledge of the Telehandler, Safe Methods of Operating, Handling of Goods, storage of goods and safety checks.
By the end of the course, delegates should be able to
- Understand legal requirements H&S 1974 Act .Loler &Puwer 1998.
- Be aware of the problems which result in instability,& Overloading, Hazards
- Use safe methods of handling, storage and the transporting of goods.
- Undertake simple daily pre-use checks.
- Recognise defects and correct procedures for reporting.
- Be aware of correct operating procedures, Safe System of Work
- Health & safety legislation H&S 1974. Loler & Puwer 1998.
- HSEcodes of practice.
- Inspection of defects and reporting of defects
- Safe driving techniques and correct use of controls
- Vechicle Load /Unload, Using a Safe System of Work
- Stacking & Risks & Hazard Observations in the work area
TEACHING METHODS: PRACTICAL &THEORY AND SITE ASSESMENT
The course consists of a series of prepared lectures, Power Point, RSS Training 46 page
Site Safety Information Books, discussions and DVD presentations, together with practical workshops in operating skills.
Assessment is on- going throughout the course with trainee being required to complete both Written and Practical Exercise & Multi choice question paper and Site Assessment.